Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taco Chowder




1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, not drainaged (I pureed mine)
2 cans (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
1 can (14-1/2 oz) fat-free beef broth
1 can (15 oz) light red kidney beans, not drained (I used black beans)
1 can (15-1/4 oz) whole kernel golden sweet corn, not drained (I used frozen corn)
Optional garnishes: tomatoes, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, olives, sour cream

Spray crock pot with nonfat cooking spray (I didn't, no problems)
In crock pot, mix together all ingredients

Cover & cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours (Really watch this. I only cooked it on low 4 hours. My ground beef was already cooked...could be the difference)

Serve with optional garnishes

*Original recipe found at CD Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment