Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kellie's Homeade Chilli


1~2 pound of beans (your choice)
1~2 pounds of hamburger, browned and drained
1 small yellow onion, chopped or diced
1~2 pkt. chilli mix (name brand of your choice)

The night before you will want to soak your beans.  I use pinto beans and black beans.  But you can use whatever kind you like. We sort through the beans and throw away all the yucky ones, and sometimes they have little clumps of dirt in them. Once we have sorted through them, I wash them off really good, and put them into my crock pot. Cover them really go with hot water, put the lid on them and leave them til morning! (DO NOT turn on your crock pot yet!!)
In the morning I give them a good stir and fill the crock pot all the way up with hot water.  I turn them on low and let them cook for about 6 hours. After about 3 hours I dice up a small yellow onion and add to the beans. After the 6 hours I add a pound of hamburger browned and drained, then 1 packet of chilli mix and give it another good stir.  Then I let it cook on low heat for about 1-1 1/2 more hours and it's ready to serve.  You can add cheese on top, sour cream whatever you like!! It's way yummy and GREAT for the colder weather!!

1 comment:

  1. Good work! Your post is an excellent example of why I keep comming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated.
    steve madden shoes for sale

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete