Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crock~pot Chicken Alfredo

1 small can cream of chicken soup
1 Cup water
1 cube butter (or margarine)
1- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 lb. chicken breast
1 pkg. favorite pasta (we like bow tie)
 
Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.  Put everything into the crock-pot except for the pasta noodles.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  
Pour over cooked pasta.

*Submitted by (my SIL) Tara Braegger
 (She has a small family, so I doubled the recipe, and changed a couple of things.  We used the corkscrew pasta and the last maybe 20 mins. of cooking time I added the cooked pasta to the crock~pot, and stirred it all together) I didn't get a pic of this one BUT it was YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

  1. you really don't need to add the water to this! I have made it numerous times and the chicken makes its own juice. I don't call it Chicken Alfredo, I call it Creamy Italian chicken. Same thing! I like to make regular egg noodles and stir them in the stuff! SOOOO Good! You can also add mushrooms and change the soup to cream of mushroom! Also, instead of cubing the chicken, put whole boneless, skinless breasts in there with the dry italian stuff on them, cook like it says and then when it's done, shred your chicken and add the cream cheese and soup! Much easier in my opinion, but do it how you want! LOL

    ReplyDelete