Monday, November 21, 2011

Jourdain's Beef Stew

Ok this recipe is one that I totally made up!!! It turned out WAY YUMMY!!! You cook it in the crock pot!!!

Ingredients:
6~8 Lg. potaoes
5~6 Lg. carrot sticks
4 Lg. sticks of celery
1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
1~3 lbs. of beef stew meat
2 Beef Stew Pkts.
First of all you will need to peel the potatoes and carrots then chop them to desired size. Chop the celery and onion as well and put them all in the crock pot. Mix together! Then in a separate pan  brown the beef stew meat. I didn't cook it all the way through because it will cook in the crock pot as well. Add the stew meat once its browned.
Then I got two Beef Stew Mix pkts. In a separate bowl  I added 6 cups of HOT water to the pkt mixes and stirred it together really well, then poured it over all veggies and meat in the crock pot, and gave it a quick stir. I turned the crock pot on HIGH for about 6 hours. If you want to cook it on low you would do it for about 8 hours. I just check the veggies and when they are tender it is done!!! I hope you ENJOY this as much as we did!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment