Sunday, December 19, 2010

Peanut Brittle

This is another of my G~ma Hardy's recipes.  I remember her making it when I was younger, and then as I got older my Mom making it, and now I am.  This is a YUMMY recipe!!!

You will need:
2 C. Sugar
1 C. Karo syrup (I just use the store brand)
2 C. Spanish raw peanuts
1 Tblsp. Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Butter your cookie sheet first!!  Boil sugar, and Karo syrup together until they spin a thread, (this part takes FOREVER) then add the two cups of peanuts and a tablespoon of butter and mix together until the mixture gets golden brown.  Then add vanilla and baking soda and stir together quickly.  This is going to get kinda foamy like and you have to hurry so you don't burn it, or yourself.  Dump onto a buttered cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator until set up.  I leave mine in for about 45 mins. to an hour!! When it's set up and cooled break apart into pieces and store in an air tight container!! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment