Saturday, December 11, 2010

Carmel Corn

I got this recipe a few years ago from a friend!!! It is OH SO YUMMY!!!!!!  
You will need:

*3 Gallons of ALREADY buttered and popped popcorn (I use buttered microwave popcorn, after I pop it I put it in my colander/strainer and get all the un~popped seeds out)
*1 1/4 cup of white corn syrup
*3 cups of brown sugar (packed)
*1/2 cup butter or margarine (I use the squares)
* 1 15 1/2oz. can Sweetened Condensed milk

Combined brown sugar and corn syrup.  Cook until it comes to a boil. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.  Cook and stir over medium heat until it comes to a boil again.  Then add butter. Continue stirring.  Bring to a boil and keep boiling for 2 minutes.  Remove from stove and pour over popcorn.  Mix well and ENJOY!!! (I put wax paper on my kitchen table and dump the popcorn on it, then when the Carmel mixture is done cooking I pour it over the popcorn and mix it that way.  It is VERY HOT so be careful!!)

1 comment: